LIP-8 Ethlizards Council Voting System Change

lizident.eth#8888

Currently, the voting system to be used to elect the council is Single Choice Voting (Each voter may select only one choice). LIP-8 suggests that we should allow the option to select the voting system Weighted Voting (Each voter may spread voting power across any number of choices).

I do not believe there are any risks with this change.

I do not believe there are any time constraints.

KPI - we have a vote and the community selects the voting system.

The vote would be:

A - Single Choice Voting
B - Weighted Voting

Example:

With Single choice, if a wallet with 3 lizards wanted to vote between the three best candidates, they wouldn’t have the ability, they need to select only one they want to represent them.

With Weighted voting, if a wallet with 3 lizards wanted to vote between the three best candidates, they have the ability to select 3 different candidates that would each receive 1 lizard vote. They also have the ability to allocate their 3 to the best candidate as well.

6 Likes

I see no issues with changing the voting style :man_shrugging:
Seems like a superior system.

:+1:
I would vote B

2 Likes

I would also vote b. i like to be able to spread my vote

1 Like

I don’t mind the weighting system either

1 Like

I would 1000% vote for B - a great initiative to set this up lizident!

Seemed odd that the team decided to go with single-choice voting as it could severely impact the voting in a negative way. If the community wants the best 5 to get on the council, this will give a far more accurate vote and it will highlight the true sentiment of the community.

If this doesn’t pass then whales with 20+ ethlizards will end up wasting votes on a candidate which is already ahead in the polls. This is not in the best interest of the DAO as we all want the best well-rounded council and this is the perfect step in that direction.

1 Like

I like this idea because it gives people the ability to vote for a specific council make up - community whale, vc etc. Would vote B

1 Like

This change would best reflect for big holders and i like it so that big holders don’t just put 100+ votes on one person.

I would vote B.

1 Like

100% agree that this is needed! Voting B without any doubt. Anyone can still vote with all his/her lizards to a single candidate tho

1 Like

Yes, I’d agree, B is superior.

1 Like

I would be willing to vote B on this as well.

1 Like

voting B. I can see how this works for our council votes and it fits the community sentiment.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I think B is better suited for council vote

1 Like

B seems to be a logical choice

As of now, I will be voting A for single choice but will do more research and am open to discussion. I can understand the logic around option B but am weighing the risks of ease of last minute manipulation with that voting method (B).

2 Likes

@lizident.eth I have written some requested edits before the final proposal would go live. I have marked these in bold, could you please review these changes?

Currently, the voting system to be used to elect the council is Single Choice Voting.
Each voter selects only one choice. The results will reflect these votes in terms of percentages. Ideal to choose one option from many.

LIP-8 suggests that we should allow the option to select the Council voting system Weighted Voting
Each voter may spread voting power across any number of choices.

I do not believe there are any risks with this change. [REMOVE this statement - it is a personal opinion, as risks have been discussed in governance chat]

I do not believe there are any time constraints.

KPI - we have a vote and the community selects the voting system.

The vote would be:

A - Single Choice Voting
B - Weighted Voting

Example 1:
With Single choice, if a wallet with 3 lizards wanted to vote between the three best candidates, they wouldn’t have the ability, they need to select only one they want to represent them.

Example 2:
With Weighted voting, if a wallet with 3 lizards wanted to vote between the three best candidates, they have the ability to select 3 different candidates that would each receive 1 lizard vote. They also have the ability to allocate their 3 to the best candidate as well.

Source: Voting systems - snapshot

1 Like